Saturday, October 9, 2010

Host Family

I'm with my host family now, and they are very nice, and so amazing. The host mom is incredibly sweet, and they have two dogs, and one of them is exactly like Sadie! After I got in today my host mom took me and her two sons (and the dogs) out for a walk through their neighborhood, and almost everyone who lives there is a relative. There are acres and acres of coffee around, and the school where I'll be having Spanish training is just around the corner. Also, the town we have to travel to do training all together is only about ten minutes away. I'm very overwhelmed right now, but I got all of my luggage into my room, and now I feel bad about using their internet (an unexpected boon) so I'll wrap this up. I miss you all very much!

-Barton

2 comments:

  1. Barton,

    We loved that you skyped us from your host family's computer!!! It was great to see your host family. They all seem really nice, and they were all so talkative....alas in Spanish! Hope our pathetic Espanol didn't embarrass you.

    How wonderful it is to be able to see you in real time and share your experiences in Costa Rica!!

    Wow!

    Love, Dadd & Mumm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use the Internet. Don't feel guilty. Be American.

    ReplyDelete