Friday, May 20, 2011

Without a computer

I have found that since losing my computer, my life here has only changed in positive ways. I spend much more time with my family (albeit watching tv), but I feel even closer to them now than before. The time I spend every day reading has also been greatly augmented, and now that the library is up and running I have access to quite a few good books, and a ton of not-so-good books. Teaching at school has become more enjoyable, if less predictable now that a quarter of the school year is behind us. The students have settled down in most classes, but some of the teachers have stopped showing up regularly. For instance, Fifth grade has not had more than five days of school in the last three weeks.
I am writing several more extensive posts that I hope to be able to put up within a week or so. I am also getting really excited about my parents and aunt and uncle coming down to visit me soon!

2 comments:

  1. Only you would apologize for getting your computer stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! This makes me so sad. No need to apologize to us. So sorry you've had this to deal with. I'll miss your regular updates, but totally understand that they'll have to be more sporadic.

    ReplyDelete